Friday, December 7, 2018

168. Eye for an Eye


Two colleagues are talking at office.

B: People are saying that I have been bitching about your team leader. They are saying that I have an eye on his girlfriend. And they are saying that I tried to make you quit the job. Can you tell me what is going on?

A: People are talking. That is going on.

B: Am I missing something here?

A: You should not. After all, we did the same course.

B: What course? That NILS course?

A: Yes. We have both learnt office dynamics from the same source, so please do not think I did not see through your plans when you tried to convince me to quit the job.

B: What are you talking about? You are my friend and closest colleague!

A: And I am also the one with as much knowledge about office politics as you. Nobody else has done the NILS course. So, you suggested that I quit. Elimination of personnel of equal knowledge base, right? From Paper 3.

B: You are completely wrong.

A: Then you persuaded me to say nothing to the team leader, you asked me to avoid confrontation at any cost. That was because you wanted to keep the situation calm so that you can get an easy promotion after I leave. Paper 1, right?

B: (Only stares)

A: And then that farce about case study. You said you wanted to ask your classmates if they have any suggestions for me. But in reality you were asking them to point out my weakness. Paper 1 again.

B: I see. So, now you want to tell me suddenly that you never had a problem with this team leader and did not like his girlfriend and did not feel like leaving this job?

A: I am still saying I have a problem, I like the girl and I hate the job. But that is not what everybody is saying.

B: Everybody is saying I like that girl and hate that guy. When did you start that rumour?

A: Not when, where. Washrooms. Paper 2, if you remember.

B: You are a scoundrel.

A: Before you get physical, I would like to tell you that I have always played by the books. Everything I did was taught in the course and you had brought those notes to me.

B: In which class did they teach you to betray your friend?

A: You are getting strategically emotional to make me retreat. Paper 3. But I am not falling for it, because you started it. All I did was to transfer the blame from me to you. I was the one accused of having an eye on the team leader’s girl. Now you are the one. Simple blame transfer. Paper 5. Eye for an eye and we are even.

No comments:

Post a Comment