Thursday, December 27, 2018

187. A Fitting End

A man and a woman from the Family Management course are talking after collecting the certificate. Both are married, but not to each other.

Man: Can’t wait for the next course to start! What was it again? Nutrition?

Woman (rolling eyes): Diet. You only had the idea of doing another course together. And now you do not even remember the course.

Man (winking): When did I ever care for the course? All I wanted was to be with you.

Woman: You need to be with your wife.

Man: I will be. Till the course starts and I see you again (smiles). And you can have some peaceful time with your husband too.

Woman: Listen, I have something to tell you.

Man: Yes?

Woman: I am not doing any courses in the next session.

Man: What?

Woman: I am not doing that dieting course with you. Or any other course.

Man: But you have already registered for the course!

Woman: No I did not.

Man: What do you mean? You said you would!

Woman: But I did not. It is that simple.

Man (looks at her for a while): Why?

Woman: You know why. This cannot go on.

Man: So you will suddenly become faithful to your husband?

Woman: I did not say that. I meant it needs to be over between us. We should move on.

Man: Just tell me something…did I do something wrong?

Woman (looking ahead): You did nothing wrong. And I did nothing wrong either. We did something bad together and we did it well.

Man: But no more?

Woman: But no more. I am not saying we will not be in touch and all that rubbish. Sure we will be in contact. But this…whatever you want to call it…this we should finish.

Man (Looking at her with knotted eyebrows): So this ends right here?

Woman: No this does not end right here. I have told my husband I am staying with a girlfriend tonight. The girlfriend does not exist. You will find some excuse too for your wife and then you will book a hotel. Then we will end this tomorrow after breakfast.

Man (letting out his breath after almost a minute): You are a strange lady, honey.

Woman (smiles): Good or bad, everything deserves a fitting end.

No comments:

Post a Comment