Sunday, December 16, 2018

177. Hard Choices


A husband and a wife are talking at home. The husband is attending the Family Management course and they are discussing the question paper of the examination.

Husband: You are being completely irrational.

Wife: How so?

Husband: You are mixing academics with emotion. They are completely separate things.

Wife: Excuse me! But from your selection of questions in the exam it seems to me you have some very specific ideas.

Husband: It was an exam! I had to write whichever was easier.

Wife: Then please explain how it is so easy for you describe the methods of marrying a girl from another religion?

Husband: It is easy because we have learnt that in class.

Wife: You learnt in class how to marry another girl?

Husband: Theoretically, of course.

Wife: No, seriously. They taught you how to marry people outside your own religion and family?

Husband: Wait a second, now. They taught us the best way to tackle an inter-religious marriage. There was nothing about marrying someone else while you are already married.

Wife: This is why you were attending classes so regularly. I understand now.

Husband: I was attending the classes because you were pushing me to. I had no interests in sitting in a boring family course day after day.

Wife: I sent you there to learn about methods of peaceful coexistence with uncooperative in-laws. In case you do not understand, I am talking about your parents.

Husband: I understand perfectly, thank you. That was also taught in class. You have seen the notes.

Wife: Then why did you not answer that question? There was a question about how to deal with extended family members with minimal effort.

Husband: That was a difficult questions. There would be too many variables and missing any of them could cost me marks.

Wife: Oh I see. It is difficult for you to write about your family. But it is easy for you to write on how to marry a young girl.

(Husband picks up a paper and starts writing)

Wife: What are you writing?

Husband: An authorization letter for you. Now you can write the remaining three papers instead of me. I am out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment