Saturday, November 24, 2018

155. Return of the Teens

A man and a woman from the Family Management course are in an open air café overlooking a lake. Both are married, but not to each other.

Man: You know what? You look even better outside that damned NILS building.

Woman: You mean I look terrible there?

Man: You missed the ‘even’ in what I said.

Woman: Well, it was not spoken very loudly.

Man: What can that possibly mean?

Woman: That I actually look shabby and boring in class.

Man: Honey, I spent the whole session looking at you. I looked at you so much that I am not even sure if we have a blackboard or a whiteboard in class. Trust me, you look terribly attractive in class.

Woman: ‘Honey’? Where did that come from?

Man: Way of speaking.

Woman: Looks like someone is trying to get cosy.

Man: I did not know that was a possibility. Honey.

Woman (showing the ring finger): I am married.

Man: So is my wife.

Woman (exasperatedly): Now shut up and eat some food. You have not touched anything.

Man: I did not come here to touch the food.

Woman (rolling eyes): God that’s like cheeeesy! How old are you? Sixteen?

Man: No, but you are taking me back there.

Woman: And you me.

Man (looking closely at her): And that makes you worried.

Woman: It makes me extremely worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment