Saturday, November 10, 2018

141. Long Distance


A male student from Party Politics course and a female student from Social Media Usage course are talking in the canteen during break.

Girl: I have a news.

Boy: Not a good one, from your expression.

Girl: Mixed.

Boy: Shoot.

Girl: I have got an internship in Rampant Media as a Twitter content writer.

Boy: And the bad news?

Girl: It is not in this city. If I take it I will have to move out.

Boy (after a thoughtful silence): Congratulations.

Girl (quietly): Thank you. And…umm...sorry!

Boy: No, no, not at all. This is good for you. Maybe good for me too.

Girl (surprised): How is it good for you? We can’t carry on together anymore.

Boy: But now you are going to be a proffessional in a big media company. Not just a freelancer.

Girl: Do you still want me to be your….?

Boy: Absolutely. I very much want you to be my profile manager.

Girl (somewhat relieved): But what about the distance? We cannot meet. It will only be online.

Boy: I have had long distance contracts before. We have to find some routine.  I will come to the point. Will you be my long distance profile manager for Facebook?

Girl (whispering): Yes!

Boy: (fist pumps) Yes!

Girl: (smiles)

Boy: Shall we talk about fees?

Girl (playing with hair): Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment