Monday, November 5, 2018

136. Subject of Study


Two colleagues are talking at work. One of them (B) is attending the Office Dynamics course at NILS.

B: You are frustrated.

A: I am frustrated.

B (taking notes): Why?

A: Because of my team leader. He is too authoritative and power hungry. He likes to manipulate people for his own goals. And he is actively blocking my promotion by giving negative appraisals.

B: Sounds exaggerated, but I got the gist. What next? Are you overworked?

A: I am overworked.

B (scribbling): Why?

A: Because my team leader makes me work more than others.

B: Alright. And then you have made two major mistakes at work over the last six weeks and some minor ones. You are not working efficiently.

A: I am not working efficiently.

B: Why?

A: I am distracted and nervous. I am so nervous of doing something wrong that I am losing confidence and making silly mistakes.

B: And you are in love with the girlfriend of the team leader you hate.

A: And I am in love with…

B (interrupting): And she does not care about you.

A: Let’s say, she has so far not shown…

B (scribbling): She does not care for you.

A: Alright.

B (looking at his notes): Yes, you seem to be a good subject for the case study assignment. I am going to write about you.

A: Make sure that I get something out of this. At least some suggestion or advice.

B: That is what the others are supposed to do. Listen to my case study subject and suggest remedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment