Saturday, September 29, 2018

99. Problems in the Team


Case Study session, Office Dynamics course

The students are sitting in a circle and each is stating what problem he or she faces while working in a team. Some examples are given below:

“I have really good ideas, but nobody will listen to me.”

“Some people think they know everything. Especially the young ones. They don’t understand the value of experience.”

“Some people try to establish authority due to their seniority. But in a team, all are same.”

“Others speak better English than me.”

“I cannot concentrate. I keep focusing in and out during a team meeting. And people think I am dumb.”

“I am a team leader by designation and I love working in a team. I have no problems. The only thing that annoys me is how some of my subordinates think they are too smart to work under a team leader. I mean, by position I am their boss, isn’t it? And I love to keep the group nicely together. I don’t understand why some of them have problems with that.”

“How can I be sure that other people in the group have integrity?”

“There is always one person who thinks he or she knows everything. And then every group meeting is practically a fight to convince that person that his or her idea may not be the best.”

“The other team members – that is the only problem.”

“It is slow work. I can do my job much faster if I am working alone. But this new craze about team working means I have to sit through hours of unnecessary meetings.”

“Easy or difficult - it all depends on the team leader.”

“I have a soft voice. I cannot speak very loudly. Nobody ever listens to my opinions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment