Friday, September 14, 2018

84. Staying Away

Two participants from the Family Management course are chatting before the classes begin. Both are married, but not to each other.

Man: You are not working, right? I mean not earning. So, your husband is paying for this course?

Woman: Yes and he damn well should. I am doing this to handle his side of the family. My in-laws are nutjobs.

Man: He actually asked you to join?

Woman: No, I told him straight that if he wants me to take care of his children and his parents while he doesn’t even give a damn, then the least I deserve is a professional training.

Man: Why doesn’t he give a damn?

Woman: Because he is busy. Or whatever. (Drinks water from a bottle). And why are you really doing this course?

Man: (Thinks a little) Alright, I will tell you a secret. I am always doing some course or other.

Woman: Really? What type of courses?

Man: That does not matter. Anything. I have even enrolled in computer courses and acting classes.

Woman: Is this a hobby?

Man: No, it isn’t. I will be honest with you. I mean, why not? (Smiles) I do these courses to stay away from my wife.

Woman: (Stares spellbound)

Man: Yeah, I know. Sounds crazy. But not that crazy once you get to know my wife.

Woman: That difficult, huh?

Man: In a nutshell, you would like to stay away. But you cannot just stay away. You will need to give a reason. Which is why I keep doing random courses. And by God, am I glad I chose this course!

Woman: (Smiles)

No comments:

Post a Comment