Monday, September 17, 2018

87. A Good Man

A married couple are talking at home. The husband is attending the Family Management course, mostly on his wife’s behalf. They are discussing about the Family Politics class from Sunday (for reference, see post 86).

Husband: To put it simply, the fight with your in-laws will be simpler if you are in an arranged marriage.

Wife: Why do you say that?

Husband: The teacher said that, not me. I am just repeating.

Wife: So it is easy for me to handle your parents. That is what you think?

Husband: Look, do not change the topic. This is not about handling my parents, it is about fighting with my parents. And I just taught you some good arguments to use against them.

Wife: Oh, really?

Husband: Of course! I am not taking my parents’ side darling, I am taking your side.

Wife: What is that argument again?

Husband: If things go really bad and if they actually say that you are a lousy daughter-in-law, then you can always tell them that if you are lousy at managing the household, then they were no less lousy in picking a wife for their son. Because they chose you.

Wife: You think this argument will work?

Husband: I don’t see why not.

Wife: You mean to say that the best way to fight with your parents is to accept that I am actually lousy at taking care of my household?

Husband (after a three seconds delay): I never said that.

Wife: You better not.

No comments:

Post a Comment