Tuesday, September 4, 2018

74. Job or Love?


Two colleagues are talking at work. One of them is attending the Office Dynamics course at NILS.

A: Did you ask the teacher about me?

B: Yes. Did I have any other option?

A: Did he laugh at you?

B: Not he, she. No she did not laugh but looked at me curiously.

A: That is fine, don’t worry. What did you say?

B: I said that there is this colleague of mine who is in love with a girl in his office. But this girl happens to be the girlfriend of his supervisor. Lately he has seen them fighting quite a lot and the girl seems often pissed off with the supervisor.

A: Yes, you put it correctly.

B: Hmm. Then I asked the teacher if it will be a good idea for my colleague to make advances towards the girl taking chance of their relationship problems.

A: What did she say?

B: She asked me why you have not made any advances so far. I told her that the supervisor can be quite vindictive and the girl unpredictable.

A: She is under duress, not unpredictable.

B: Whatever. The teacher has given three criteria and you should try your luck with your girl if and only if all three criteria are satisfied.

A: What are they?

B: One, she must be at least generally aware of your existence in the office. Two, the supervisor must not have powerful friends outside the office. And three, your parents should have enough residual income to support you after you lose your job.

A: Should I just give up?

B: What do you want to give up? Job or love?

A: Love, man, love. Who ever gives up the job?

No comments:

Post a Comment