Wednesday, August 1, 2018

40. Time Requirement Assignment


Home Assignment (Time Management, Paper I – Task-Time Relations)

Please answer the following problem.

Arrange the following nine tasks in an increasing order of Trq (Time required). The task that requires the least amount of time comes first.   
     
     Cooking
     Dusting/cleaning
     Reading newspapers
     Reading a book
     TV surfing alone    
     TV surfing with partner/spouse
     Eating   
     Shopping
     Groceries

Explain your answers.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I 'd say reading the newspaper would come first. I don't always read through the whole thing.
    Then eating- Unless I'm getting my kids their food
    cooking- I have to give myself motivation and then have to makes sure I'm paying attention
    groceries-If I have a list, I can be done quickly
    shopping- shopping can give inspiration to do new things, so I have to browse every aisle. If I'm getting clothes, have to try on.
    dusting/cleaning-I've probably avoided doing this as long as I could, so something simple, probably expanded in time. Plus- I'm a distracted cleaner.
    tv surfing alone-I don't even know what's out anymore. I've been watching kids shows and keeping myself busy with other things.
    tv surfing with spouse- We can spend a whole night after the kids are asleep and watch something together to unwind, but also spend time together.
    then reading a book- If I'm reading a book, I'm going to read it as long as I'm interested in it- barring the kid's interrupting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have probably checked the answers already.
    Interesting view with the newspaper in yours. I would say the same. I usually skim through most of it.
    Nice to see you agree on the difference between TV surfing alone or with somebody. And Netflix has redefined togetherness.

    ReplyDelete