Saturday, October 27, 2018

127. Never Asked the Right Questions


A father and a daughter are talking at home. The daughter is attending the Time Management course at NILS.

Father: Are you only going to do this NILS course or will you also carry on with your regular studies? You said you wanted to do a management diploma from some distance learning university.

Daughter: That course will start from April next year, form will be available from December. I will tell you when the time comes. I have not forgotten anything.

Father: That is assuring to know.

Daughter: And I am going to join as a Yoga instructor from January.

Father (surprised): Instructor? Where?

Daughter (rolling eyes): In a Yoga center, of course.

Father: Insturctor means trainer, right? They get paid.

Daughter: Of course they get paid. I will be paid too.

Father: You never told me that you are going to earn from January.

Daughter: You never asked.

Father: What else I did not ask?

Daughter (with a sigh and a shrug): I am going to be a Yoga trainer from January, want to join the management diploma from April and want to help two friends with their online startup from September.

Father: Help?

Daughter: They will pay me some for my services. I will do market research for them every three months.

Father (after a while): How on earth are you suddenly going to handle so much simultaneously?

Daughter: Why else do you think I wanted to do a course on time management?

Father: Don’t tell me they are trying to teach you how to cope with all that.

Daugther: I would tell you exactly that, but you won’t believe me anyway.

Father: Once again, you never told me your intentions when you joined the NILS course.

Daughter: One again, you never asked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment