Thursday, October 18, 2018

118. The Health of the Husband


A male participant from the Family Management course is trying to convince a female participant to attend another course with him next year. They are both married. But not to each other.

Man: I have some inside information about some of the next courses. Not all, but some.

Woman: Are you sure you want to do this?

Man: This is not something that I do alone. Either we both do another course or none.

Woman: Still, there has to be something meaningful. I have to tell my husband which course I am doing. I mean, I cannot simply enroll myself for a course on party politics. He will know something is wrong.

Man: Why are you so afraid of him?

Woman: Not afraid, but careful. If I am going to join a course just to spend time with you AND want my husband to finance that course, then the least I can do is be a little careful.

Man: Are you feeling guilty?

Woman: Let’s not talk about that.

Man: No, I am saying that you have no reason to feel guilty. It is not like he…

Woman: Can we not talk about that? Tell me which courses they have from January.

Man: As you wish. Two courses are confirmed. One is on Creating a Startup and the other one is Savings and Investments. Both are for six months and both start in January.

Woman: And both are useless to me.

Man: Well, then they are repeating the Social Media Usage course from January. Interested?

Woman: Not much. But better than the other two.

Man: There is also a crash course on Understanding Classical Music, but it starts from April.

Woman: Not really my thing. That’s all?

Man: For this branch, yes.  The City-East branch is offering the Time Management course from January. It is the same as the one going on here. Then it is also offering two crash courses on dieting. Both are for three months. One is called Diet for a Working Professional and the other is called Diet for a Family. Good thing, they can be done one after the other. That way, six months total.

Woman: A course on dieting sounds good. I could do that. But the City-East branch of NILS is further away from my home than this one. That is a problem.

Man: Problem? It is perfect! I get to spend more time with you on the road and your husband gets to eat healthy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment