Monday, August 6, 2018

45. Planned Time and Fallback Time


A Father and a daughter are talking at home. The Daughter is attending the Time Management course.

Father: Where are you going?

Daughter: I am going for a walk.

Father: So late? It is eight thirty now.

Daughter: So what? I am going to walk within the complex only. And this is my planned time.

Father: Is that something with that course?

Daughter: Yes. We are all going to do some physical activity for a month. We need to do it on a regular basis and plan it into our daily schedules. I have chosen walking.

Father: That is fine, but why now? You were sitting at home the whole day.

Daughter: Ohh! 8:30 in the evening is my planned time. I will do it at 8:30 unless something interrupts the schedule.

Father: Planned time?

Daughter: We have planned time and fallback time. If I cannot do it during the PT, we do it in the FT. Like, if it starts raining now. I will postpone it to my fallback time.

Father: Which is when?

Daughter: 6:30 in the morning.

Father: (Laughs loudly)

Daughter: I did not ask for your comments.

Father: (Shaking his head) The only fallback you will know at 6:30 in the morning is to fall back on bed.

Daughter: You just like to discourage me. I really don’t care. I have my plans and I am sticking to it. I did not ask for your opinion. Thank you very much.

Father: You need willpower to do morning walks, not two different plans.

Daughter: I said ‘Thank you’.

No comments:

Post a Comment