Sunday, August 19, 2018

58. Complaining Husbands and Consulting Wives


Application Session, Family Management Course: Participants are sitting in pairs and discussing what types of problems they are currently facing within the family. One person describes the problem while the other one tries to find a solution. Then they change roles.

The following interesting discussion was heard at one of the tables:

Male Participant: One issue I have is that my wife thinks I do not spend enough time at home.

Female Participant: Is that true?

Male: Not always. I have serious workload in office and sometimes I have to work till late. But I am always home on weekends.

Female: Maybe that is not enough for her. She wants more of you.

Male: Oh yes, right (smiles).

Female: Or maybe she feels insecure.

Male: What for?

Female: From your girlfriends (winks).

M: Girlfriends? I am married (shows his ring).

F: So what? I am sure you could have many girlfriends if you wanted.

M: If only it was that simple (mock sigh).

F: Don”t worry. I will give you a prescription (takes out a notebook). I will give you some tips and you follow them and report back to me in two weeks. (Smiles) Fine?

M: Yes, Doctor. I can also report back in a week (winks). Or even earlier.

F: Very eager patient.

M: Eager to take care of my wife.

F: (rolling eyes) Eager to complain about your wife.

M: Complain? We never do that.

F: Really? Show me one husband who does not like to criticize his wife.

M: Okay. Go home and look at your husband.

F: (widened eyes) You think he does not like to complain about me?

M: (with a serious face) As far as I see, he has not one reason to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment