Sunday, July 8, 2018

16. Reasons


Applied Session, Family Management

Participants are sitting in a circle and stating their reasons to join the course. Some examples:

“I am a marriage consultant. I have come here for a systematic understanding of family life. I treat family problems every day. I want to know how these problems come to be and if they can be nipped at the bud.”

“I am planning on starting my own business. It is not a start-up per say, but it is my first venture. For this I need the financial backing of my wife’s family. But she comes from a large family with some very complicated internal issues. I joined this course so that I can understand such situations better and work them out to my advantage.”

“I am doing this on behalf of my wife, because she does not have time for it. She is working and finds it very difficult to devote much time for my parents. So, I am trying to learn something that I can share with her to make it less stressful for her. I am going to focus on relationships with in-laws.”

“I am getting married in October. Mom got me enrolled.”

“I am a creative writer for daily soaps. I used to write scripts for a TV series about unsolved crimes but now I have shifted to another production house. Now I will be writing family dramas. The typical saas-bahu stuff and I need some backgroud knowledge.”

“We plan to move abroad next year. My husband’s childhood friend is in Sydney and he is helping us to relocate. But we do not want to lose touch with our families after we move to Australia. We want to learn how one can remain an integral part of the family without being physically present. I mean, like, you never know when you have to come back, right?”

“My three brother-in-laws are very well to do. They have contacts in high places. But they do not approve of my marriage to their sister. We ran away and got married. That has been a few years now and we don’t mind being in touch with them. But they are still not very eager. We thought this course might help us to understand them and become a part of the family.”

“I got married last year. We are planning now. I want some tips about how to manage everything with the baby and also during the pregnancy period.”

No comments:

Post a Comment