Monday, June 25, 2018

5. Applicants

Father and daughter
F: The courses can be quite expensive. Have you made enquiries about the course fee?
D: They are not that expensive. I know.
F: You do not know, you think.
D: My friends have done it. I know. You always say time is money. So, now I want to invest some money to learn time management.
F: That is a bad excuse. I still think if you had to do it, you should have gone for the office course. That would help you.
D: That is like too specific, dad. To job oriented. The time management is a general purpose course. And this is exactly what I need. I am always running out of time, especially on the college days.
F: Then look for a course that teaches you to wake up early.

At home
Wife: This will really help us, you know? This family handling. Remember, just the other day we were talking about how family is sometimes more difficult than work?
Husband: Yes. Not only my side of the family, by the way. Yours too.
Wife: But you do not need to deal with my family as much as I have to do with yours. I need this more than you.
Husband: Alright. Then apply.
Wife: It is a half year course. When do I have the time? 
Husband: You just said you wanted to!
Wife: I said we need it. So, you can join and teach me later. It is the same thing, na? We can share the course fee fifty-fifty.
Husband: So generous! And when do I have the time?
Wife: After office, when I am doing our kids' homework. There are only evening classes and very less pressure. I did that workday breakfast crash course last year from NILS, have you forgotten already? That was easy. The exam at the end was very easy too.
Husband: Breakfast and family are not the same. And we eat only toasts everyday anyway. A fine help that course turned out to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment